Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Calm Face in Newburgh

 
When I saw her in the street today I gave her a color version of this picture and she disappeared into her house for five minutes. She returned and asked when could I give her mother a copy of her picture. I thought. Who is her mother amongst the photographs I had taken of this girl's family? It could only be the one I called "Girl leaning against pillar in red and white striped shirt." I asked how old her mother was. 

"She's twenty-nine ."

"How old are you," I asked.

"Thirteen."

I came home and made a print of her mother whom I had already posted, but not knowing who she was.    

1 comment:

  1. I remember you Dmitri. That is my daughter Unasia aka NayNay and I am Tamarra. I can say that I appreciate everything that you have done for our community. Letting our voices be heard when no one else would.

    ReplyDelete